The Super Bowl is coming up, and whether you’re a Panthers fan or a Broncos fan–or just a fan of the funny commercials–we all know you’re gonna party like it’s 1999! I mean, who doesn’t want an excuse to stuff their face full of delicious goodies? And this Southwestern Creamed Corn is sure to be a hit at your Super Bowl party. It was gone less than five minutes after we told our everyone in our office that it was up for grabs in the kitchen. So just be warned… it’ll disappear fast!
- 3 ears corn on the cob (or equivalent of frozen corn)
- 5-7 pieces bacon
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter (salted)
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 12 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6-9 tablespoons parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Boil corn for 5-10 mins, or until tender and bright yellow. Cut off cob.
- Crisp bacon on stovetop, remove from pan and finely chop. Drain most of the grease
- Finely chop jalapenos and sauté in remaining grease until crisp and tender. Remove from pan
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour, making a roux. Allow to bubble on medium heat for 1 minute. Slowly add in cream. Mix in pepper, salt, sugar, and 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Add corn, and most of chopped bacon and jalapenos (reserve some for garnish). Simmer 5 minutes.
- Lightly prepare dishes with cooking spray
- Fill dishes with creamed corn. Top with remaining cheese, bacon + jalapenos.
- Broil in oven until golden brown.