Welcome to summer, one of our favorite foodie seasons. BBQs, refreshing drinks, cold desserts and perfect picnic spreads are just some of the incredible flavors you’ll find this sunny season, and we’ve got a few to share! Be sure to check out Jane’s selection of kitchen gadgets to help you make flawless dishes everyone will love.
Bacon & Swiss Chicken Sandwich
A good sandwich is a summer staple. Prepare this meal for your next backyard party or picnic! Need a helping hand? We’ve got all your kitchen essentials.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes on each side Top with cheese during the last 1 minute of cooking.
2. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, until toasted, 30-60 seconds. Serve chicken on buns with bacon, mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, lettuce and tomato.
Source: Taste of Home
Ice Cream S’mores
Your two favorite summer desserts combined? Yes please! Ice cream and s’mores come together for the most incredible dessert.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 2 pints ice cream (your favorite flavor!)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 graham crackers, broken to form squares
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup marshmallow bits, sprinkles or nuts (or a combination, may also choose other favorite toppings)
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in mini marshmallows.
- Transfer to plastic-wrap-lined 8-inch square pan and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Cut ice cream into squares and sandwich between graham crackers.
- Microwave chocolate on half power in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. (Time may vary depending on microwave. Observe closely.)
- Dip each graham sandwich halfway into chocolate, then sprinkle immediately with toppings of choice and freeze until firm.
Source: Good Housekeeping