With the sun starting to shine and the first flowers beginning to bloom, it’s almost that time of year again: spring cleaning time! As you get rid of the winter blues with a spring refresh, follow these simple cleaning steps so you have more time to stop and smell the roses.
1. Break Cleaning Time Into Smaller Pieces
A deep spring cleaning doesn’t mean you have to work all day long! Break your cleaning time into small chunks throughout the day, or even throughout the week. Check out these easy habits you can adopt right away:
- Wash your dishes after every meal (or stick them in the dishwasher).
- Wipe down the countertop after you prepare food.
- Wipe your bathroom mirror immediately after splashing water.
- Squeegee your shower wall after use.
We’ve got cleaning supplies to help you out!
2. Declutter and Organize
Laundry piling up? Clothes that don’t fit? Mail strewn all over the kitchen table? It’s time to declutter and organize. It may seem daunting, but an organized home improves moods and makes life much easier.
- Make a “keep,” “toss,” and “donate” pile for things you may not want or use anymore, such as old clothes. Check out this helpful closet cleanse checklist to decide what to keep!
- Go through each room in your house one-by-one, so it’s not too overwhelming.
- Stay motivated with organization items that make it easy.
3. Dispel Bad Smells
Got a kitchen sink that reeks? Can’t shake the stink from the trash can? Bad smells can make otherwise clean homes feel unbearable, but we have some easy fixes.
- Run lemon rinds through the garbage disposal and follow with cold water to get rid of ugly odors in your kitchen sink.
- Place a dryer sheet at the bottom of your trash can and say goodbye to stinky smells.
- Burn a candle in the bathroom to eliminate all that yuck.
4. Remember to Wash More Than Just Clothes
Clothes aren’t the only laundry to remember. Make sure you’re regularly washing your sheets and towels as well. There are also plenty of other household items that can usually be washed too (just check the tag first):
- Shower Curtains
- Bath Rugs
- Welcome Mats
- Area Rugs
- Reusable Grocery Bags
If an item can’t be washed, then remember to periodically shake debris off and wipe down.
5. Sanitize Your Phone
Bet you didn’t think of this! For most of us, our phones are like extensions of ourselves. You wouldn’t go a month without a shower, so why wouldn’t you clean your phone regularly too? It’s simple, just wipe it with a disinfectant cloth. Remember to wipe your other frequently used electronics too, like TV remotes and your computer mouse.
Now you’re ready to spring clean like a pro! Share your cleaning tips in the comments!