We can almost sense summer! The sun is shining and the weather is warming up, which means it’s time for a refreshing splash of citrus. This week we’re focusing on mandarin oranges, one of our favorite fruity flavors! Check out these delicious dishes.
Mandarin Cake Recipe
Anyone up for a picnic?
- 11 oz. can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp cream
- Mint Leaves
- Put all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Then put into a 9×9 buttered pan or 6 small ramekins, and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After the cake is finished baking, make the caramel frosting by combining all frosting ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a rapid boil.
- When the caramel has boiled for approximately one minute, pour over warm cake. Serve with whipped cream and mandarins.
Mandarin Cocktail Recipe
Sour, sweet, a little bit of everything!
Mandarin Cocktail Ingredients:
- 4 oz. prosecco, sparkling wine, or champagne
- 1 oz. mandarin liqueur or madrain flavored vodka
- 1 splash of citrus gin
- Mandarin and mint leaf (for garnish)
- Mix the prosecco, liqueur and gin together. Stir, do not shake.
- Pour mixture into a champagne flute.
- Garnish with mandarin and mint leaf.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Be sure to come back and satisfy your craving for more citrus creations! It’s all right here on Jane Blog.