We love Thanksgiving! All the delicious food, quality time spent with family and friends, and the memories that last for years to come. Although Thanksgiving looks different for many families this year, you can still make it a fun-filled holiday to remember with these cool kids activities that will keep them entertained all of Thanksgiving break.
Coloring Pages and Activities
Download these cute printable coloring pages and activities here. They’re free!
DIY Pudding Cup Turkeys
These adorable pudding cup turkeys are super simple and make a great Thanksgiving decoration or table centerpiece. Bonus points: they’re a tasty treat too! Thanks to Kids Activities Blog for the inspiration.
What You Need:
- Pudding Cups
- Brown Foam Paper
- Red Foam Paper
- Yellow Foam Paper
- Orange Foam Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue
- Start by taking the red and yellow foam paper and trace a hand print on each one. Use children’s hands (or small hands) for one, and if you can, use two different hands to make two different sizes.
- Cut out both hand prints and glue the smaller one on top of the larger one. This will be the turkey’s tail.
- Next, cut out two feet with three toes each, using the orange foam paper.
- Take the brown foam paper and cut out a peanut shape. This will be the turkey’s head and neck.
- Cut out a circle with a teardrop shape hanging on one side of the circle, using red foam paper. This will be the turkey’s gobbler.
- Take yellow foam paper and cut out an upside down teardrop. This will be the beak.
- To assemble the head, start by gluing the red beak onto the brown peanut shape in the center of the upper half of the shape. Then glue the yellow upside teardrop on top of the red beak. Then glue two googly eyes above the beak.
- Now it’s time to put the whole turkey together. Take your pudding cup and glue the two orange foam paper feet along one of the edges of the top of the cup (turn the pudding cup upside down so the opening is at the bottom). Make sure they stick out over the edge a bit.
- Now flip the cup over and glue the handprint tail feathers onto the back of the cup opposite side of the feet.
- Finally, glue the head and neck onto the front of the cup above the feet.
- Enjoy your turkey pudding cup!
Source: Kids Activities Blog
For more Thanksgiving entertainment, head over to jane.com/toys, your treasure trove for kids fun all year long.