- Jane was founded by husband and wife duo Mike and Megan McEwan as a way to provide for their family after the company Mike worked for went out of business. But Jane has become so much more to them over time. Mike and Megan love seeing sellers be able to better provide for their families as they grow their businesses on Jane. Learn more about Jane’s beginnings in this video.
- Jane is located in Lehi, Utah in a little technology hub many refer to as Silicon Slopes. The area, which includes Provo, Salt Lake City and Park City, gets its name from the surrounding mountains and—of course—the software and hardware companies that thrive here. See if you can spot Jane on this list (and find our logo in the image below).
- Can you believe that we started with just one deal a day? Eight years later, you can find anywhere from 350-500 new deals on Jane every day.
- In January 2012, a record was set when one of our deals sold over 2,200 items in 3 days! It was this darling, handmade felt flower deal from bloomie’s handmade. To see which deals are going fast on our site right now, check out these trending deals.
- If you follow us on Instagram or Facebook, you may know that Jane’s original name was Very Jane. But do you know why? While the goal was always to have the name just be Jane, the web address “jane.com” was too expensive. So we used Very Jane for a few years until we could afford to change it to today’s short and sweet name, Jane.
- We have several sellers who have sold on Jane since the beginning, like Liam & Co. and Fancy Frills to name a couple. We’re grateful to all of our sellers for being part of this Jane journey!
- The Jane office is not only beautifully decorated, it also has tons of fun rooms for employees to enjoy. One of our most unique rooms is the Jane barbershop, which is complete with talented stylists and barbers. Employees can get scalp massages, trims, blowouts and braiding services onsite.
- As you can probably guess from the name and the products sold on Jane, most of our customers are women. But you may not know that our sellers are, too! We support over 1,500 women-owned businesses, and more than half of our Jane employees are female. Just a few of the reasons why we love celebrating International Women’s Day and showing our support for the strong, wonderful women we get to work with every day.
How many of these did you know? Tell us in the comments below. And enjoy the birthday festivities!