Planning your New Year’s resolutions? We have 12 easy goals you can focus on all year long. Keeping resolutions is simple when you’re in the right mindset. Stay positive, don’t beat yourself up when you fall off track, and make sure to reward yourself when your hard work pays off. You deserve it!
1. Try something new: A new food, new style, that TV show everyone has been telling you to watch. Go for it!
2. Relax: Take some time every day to turn off the world and just relax. Your mind and body will thank you.
3. Drink water: Are you drinking eight glasses a day?
4. Exercise: You don’t have to commit to CrossFit. Exercise comes in all kinds of forms. Walking your dog, neighborhood jogs, a good old game of Wii Sports. The goal is to get up and move! It’s always easier with some cute fitness gear.
5. Spend less time on social media: Unless you’re browsing Jane’s posts, in which case, keep on scrolling ;). In all seriousness, do you spend too much time on social media? This year it may be a good idea to take a step back.
6. Get enough sleep: Aim for at least 7 hours a night. 8 or 9 is even better!
7. Schedule “me” time: Everyone needs a little time to themselves to stay sane.
8. Eat out less: Do you find yourself getting take-out or Doordash all the time? Try to prepare more meals at home. You might just fall in love with cooking.
9. Get organized: Leave the chaos of 2020 behind and get organized. An organized home makes all the difference.
10. Read a book: Did you know reading improves your memory? Find a book that interests you this year.
11. Explore your city: We might not be able to travel much this year, but there’s plenty to discover right in your backyard. Get to know your neighborhood.
12. Breathe: You’ve got this.