There’s something magical about the summer season and all the fun that can be had. The kids are out of school, the weather is hot and it stays light longer. Looking for some exciting, adventurous activities to get the kids (and you) out of the house while the weather is warm? Cue a kid-friendly summer bucket list. Below are some great ideas that are budget conscious and guaranteed to provide hours of amusement. Be sure to also download our free PDF with lots of activities your kids will love checking off.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST 2019
- Make homemade popsicles.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Take a weekend getaway. (Explore 12 of the most popular USA weekend destinations.)
- Run through the sprinklers.
- Watch a movie in your backyard. (Here are instructions on how to get started on throwing an outdoor viewing party. )
- Set up a lemonade stand. (Pass along these helpful tips to your kids.)
- Color with sidewalk chalk. (Allow these creative images to inspire your creations!)
- Go for a long bike ride. (There are a ton of great cycling apps out there. Find one that works best for your needs.)
- Sleep on the trampoline.
- Go for a hike. (Check out these apps to help you find trails you’ll love. AllTrails is a favorite of ours!)
- Play night games outside. (We love kick the can, capture the flag, and ghost in the graveyard!)
- Have an outdoor picnic.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Build a tree fort.
- Visit a farmer’s market.
- Have a water balloon fight. (We buy several packs of these every summer.)
- Play with dish soap on the trampoline.
- Eat (a lot of) snow cones.
- Go to an outdoor concert.
- Go stargazing. (Here are some helpful tips to get started.)
- Go fishing.
- Crack an egg on a sidewalk. (This could be an educational experiment.)
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Go swimming anywhere you can.
Let us know in the comments which activity you or your kids are most anticipating. Have fun creating memories!