Summer has been a blast, right? Afternoons by the pool, long daylight hours, travels and adventures galore. But now it’s time to start thinking about the kids’ upcoming school year, which means life is going to get a bit hectic. But with just the right planning, new schedules can be a smooth transition. It might even be really fun if you plan it just right. Together, we can do this!
When it comes to back-to-school snacks, you better believe we’ve got your back. We’ve gathered some quick and easy recipes from some of our amazing blogger friends. These after-school snacks are easy to prepare ahead of time, or to let your kids get creative with themselves.
This first snack comes to us from Dawn of Cutefetti and is a great idea for kids—even the picky ones—because you can choose ingredients you know they love.
Whole wheat crackers; preferably round
Cheese; choose your favorite
Fresh veggies; olives, red peppers, grape tomatoes, etc.
- Cut your cheese into circles so that it will fit on the crackers, or if you prefer a spread, you can use cream cheese.
- Wash veggies thoroughly and prepare them to make your faces. You’ll need eyes, mouths, tongues, and anything else you can think of.
- Place everything on plates and let the kiddos imaginations run wild.
We can’t wait to see which emoji crackers are your favorites! What other veggies would you use to make these fun after school snacks?
This next recipe is from Sheri of Donuts, Dresses, and Dirt. These no-bake bars can be made after the kids are off to school and your morning errands are done; plus you can make a variety of different flavors, so you can try something new every day.
4-Ingredient No-Bake Cereal Bars
1 cup almond butter; or your favorite nut/seed butter
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
3 cups cornflakes; or your favorite cereal
1/4 cup dried cranberries; or any other “mix-in” – chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, chopped almonds, etc.
Flaky sea salt, optional
- Line an 8” x 8” baking pan with waxed paper in both directions, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Melt the almond butter and honey in a small saucepan over low to medium heat until smooth; be sure to stir it so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Add cereal and mix-in and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and press mixture in evenly. Top with flaky sea salt, if desired, and refrigerate till firm (about an hour).
- Transfer bar to a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve, or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
What are your favorite after school snacks? Be sure to let us know in the comments below and then check out our back-to-school deals to start the year out right!