Whipped coffee has been all over social media lately. If you’ve seen this frothy, foam version of your favorite morning pick-me-up and wondered how to make it in your own home, you’re in luck! One of our Jane employees, Sydney, whipped up this recipe and wanted to share it with you.
Whipped Coffee is the BEST thing ever! And all you need is four ingredients. This fluffy and incredibly delicious way to make your morning coffee only takes five minutes with a hand mixer. It can be served hot or cold.
Whipped Coffee Recipe
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder– we used Folgers Classic Roast
- Preferred milk, to serve– we used vanilla almond milk
- Ice, to serve
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- For a sweeter taste, add more sugar, honey, or coffee creamer
- Boil the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the hot water, sugar and instant coffee to a clean bowl.
- Once combined, hand-whisk or use an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy and light in color. This takes about 2-5 minutes.
- Taste-test and add more sugar if desired.
- To serve, spoon a dollop over a cup of your favorite milk with ice in it and stir. If you’re making iced, add a few ice cubes, then pour the milk, then spoon the whipped coffee on top. If using hot, just add it to the glass.
- If it’s still not sweet enough, mix in a small amount of creamer or honey to your glass.
You can also use this delicious mixture in other recipes. Here are some tasty ways to enjoy it:
- Use it as a topping for brownies
- Make cookies and dip them into the coffee mixture
- Enjoy it on top of banana bread, pancakes or crepes in the morning