As the world begins to open, many families and friends are finally getting together again after spending a spring apart. We’ve put together some tips and a recipe for hosting a memorable BBQ party to make this summer amazing.
Tip 1: Get Your Yard Ready
First things first, before you can think about delicious food and fun games, you should make sure your yard is ready to receive guests. Mow your lawn, trim the hedges and perform any yard maintenance as needed.
Once your yard is looking spick-and-span, turn it into an outdoor oasis! Jane has several products to create the perfect summer patio and backyard. Head to jane.com/patio for stylish outdoor furniture and stunning decor.
Tip 2: Set up Lawn Games
BBQs aren’t just about eating. They’re a time to socialize and have a great time with games. Cornhole is a classic, ring toss is a blast and, depending on how flexible your guests are, Twister could also be a good time. Remember to check Jane for fun games too!
Tipe 3: Prep Food Before Guests Arrive
You know what it’s like to arrive at a party with no food, so don’t be that host! Make sure you have snacks and side dishes ready to go, like chips, salsa, veggie platters, etc. If you’re grilling burgers and hot dogs, prep all your vegetables beforehand and lay out the condiments and utensils so that when guests arrive, the only thing they have to wait for is the meat.
Easy Dessert Everyone Will Love
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Original recipe found on YourCupOfCake.
What you’ll need:
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
Butterfingers, peanut butter cups or other chocolate candy chopped for decoration.
- On the stovetop, melt butter and peanut butter together. Stir until smooth and remove from heat.
- Add in vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, and powdered sugar and stir until combined.
- Line 9×9 pan with parchment paper to help with removal.
- Spread mix into 9×9 pan.
- Chocolate Layer: Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to heat in 20-second intervals until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer and shake the pan to distribute evenly.
- Wait for 5 minutes, then sprinkle your butterfingers (or candy of your choice) on top of the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.