What’s more summery than lime? The perfect amount of sour, crisp and oh so refreshing, it’s no wonder lime makes its way into so many summer dishes. Today we’re sharing a yummy spin on a season favorite, key lime pie and a margarita that uses the whole lime!
Key Lime Cheesecake Pie on a Stick
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package Cream Cheese Softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a pie tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar until combined. Press down firmly. I used the bottom of a 1/4 measuring cup to press the crust into the tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, cream cheese and key lime juice until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the filling on top of the graham cracker crust in each tin. Bake for 35 minutes. Let pie cool for about 10 minutes and then place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. After pies have chilled, remove the paper liners and place a popsicle stick in the center of each pie. Return pies to a cookie sheet and freeze for at least another 3-4 hours. Once pies are thoroughly frozen, dip them in melting chocolate. You can use store bought melting chocolate or make your own.
- For the dipping chocolate: In a small deep bowl, or tall glass, melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Dip the pies in the chocolate completely covering the pie. I found it easier to use a spoon and kind of drizzle it over the pies. Gently shake as much excess chocolate off as you can and lay the pies on the cookie sheet. Return pies to the freezer until chocolate has set up and you are ready to eat. The pies will be good in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks if not longer. Enjoy!
Simply Superb Lime Margarita
- 2 Limes
- 2 Cups ice
- 1 Cup Tequila Silver
- 1/2 Cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or equivalent sweetener
- Pinch of Salt
- Quarter Limes
- Add ice, limes, tequila, triple sec, sugar and a pinch of salt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Strain blended ingredients into a pitcher. Use a spoon to push the juice out of the pulp.
- Pour over ice in a small cocktail glass, garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer treat? Let us know in the comments below!